Feature Pack 8 (FP8) was released yesterday and is available for download from IBM’s Fix Central . IBM has ensured that the upcoming feature packs will still have a high focus on addressing high impacting defects. Also, they will have the same packaging, architecture and install kits used in previous fix packs. IBM has released a Preliminary Fix/Feature List with contents that are still subject to quality engineering tests. The status of these fixes and features can be tracked on the Notes/Domino Fix List website on developerWorks. Feature pack 8 will address defects in the Client, Server, and the Domino OpenSocial component.
What’s new in IBM Domino 9.0.1 Social Edition Feature Pack 8
- Move views out of databases
- Increase the document summary data limit to 16 MB
- Java JRE version 1.8 provided with Domino
- Enable the Group By Date feature in all mail files
- Enable the Show Beginning of Message feature in all mail files
- Retain MIME formatting when forwarding or replying to internet messages
- Notes browser plug-in is no longer part of Notes package
- ADFS 3.0 now supported as a SAML federated identity provider
What’s new in IBM Notes Feature Pack 8?
- Display internet style names
- Show beginning of message
- Maintain read-only MIME email content for Reply/Forward
Fixes contained in this Feature Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Feature Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Fix List descriptions:
- CSYL9VBRVE (LO84524) – Fix an issue where calendar updates do not update the notes invitee’s calendar If autoprocessing is enabled.
- GMAA7YUHGZ (LO47397) – Allow users the option to disable password history.
- +KGEW7QNV85 (LO39186) – Fixed a problem where Notes is unable to send an internet email message if the address is enclosed in single-quotes. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1.
- BBSZAB5DFH (LO89375) – Fix an issue where a vaulted NSL user is not able to get new keys when public key checking is enabled.
- +KBRNAEMPX2 (LO90491) – Fix a threading mismatch issue resulting in problems with cluster replication on Linux64/zLinux64 systems. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
- MJBC9EBVCN (LO78311) – Fix an issue where new documents are lost when compact -REPLICA is running in a mail database.
- ALSR8ZZR5J (LO72622) – Fix an LDAP search authentication issue with special characters.
- MJTMA8J3MU (LO88473) – Fix a server crash issue.
- +MKIN9Z6S5D (LO89583) – Fix an intermittent database issue preventing users from opening a database resulting in the following error “This database is currently in use by another person or process, and cannot be accessed at this time”. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.
- ARBQ9Q5HR9 (LO82463) – Fix an issue where messages sent from clients to external recipients will move addresses from the CC field to the TO field on replies.
- ADONADJUDF (LO90147) – Fix an issue with the dialog prompting “How Do You Want To Open This File?” when opening a jpg or bmp file.
- JGRN84PJJF (LO45099) – Fix intermittent client crashes using the Notes Client together with OLE apps.
- GFAL9V7UQ2 (LO84501) – Fix the error “Your Public Key Does Not Match The One Stored In The Address Book” when the user’s person document has been updated with their new public key but not the local/vaulted ID file.
- PEDSA7QK9P (LO87584) – Fix an issue where the Notes Client SSO connection expires after the user’s IBM notes client is left inactive for some time.
- AYAVACYBSJ (LO90045) – Fix an issue where an XML attachment is rendering as part of the message body.
- +RGAUADUM59 (LO90248) – Fix duplicate attachment icons when using LS embedobject to attach files to a notesrichtextitem. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.