IBM is Transparent and is Listening to the User Community
IBM Domino V10 Portfolio Themes
IBM Notes has always been a robust development platform. The problem has been the difficulty of tapping into those capabilities. IBM shared that their new app dev vision for Domino V10 is geared to make application development fast and easy. In the name of transparency, IBM broke down into four categories where their investments and collaborations will be regarding Domino application development. The four ‘lanes of investments’ are as follows:
• Extend: Aimed to deliver an extended value to existing Notes and Domino application customers who are delivering through the Notes client, ICAA or Xpages.
• Unleash: IBM was excited to announced great progress with bringing Domino applications to iPads.
• Evolve: Bringing open industry standards to Domino to expand what you can do with the platform and to find resources that can actually leverage the platform as well.
IBM's Current App Dev Focus Points
New Features in Domino V10
• Notes Client: Auto updates of the Notes client
• Verse On-Premises: Enhanced browser-based mail experience
• Verse & Traveler Mobile: A more agile mobile experience
• Sametime: Addition of multi-client chat
• 3rd Party Mail Integration
• Domino V10 is a new chapter
• V10 will be coming in 2018
• IBM will be releasing updates at upcoming conferences and blog series
•Beta plans will soon be announced